Wednesday, March 10, 2010

There's something behind the attic door Mommy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is very true that I have an overdeveloped imagination about many things; my imagination is a blessing for many endeavors, but it is a total curse at night when the house is dark. (Not just our house on Woodward Way; I can be pretty much anywhere and work myself into a sheer panic about what may or may not be on my tail when the lights are off.) I believe this hysteria can be attributed in part to older siblings who didn't make me leave the room when I was oh, SIX, and they were watching Poltergeist or Jaws. I watched that kind of stuff all the time back then, but now I can't even keep my eyes open during the Oscars "horror" montage. Seriously - I caught a glimpse of those two freaky looking twins from The Shining right when the montage started, and as a result I had night sweats at about 2 a.m. on Sunday. (Well, I also had a stomach bug, but I'm telling you -- I have ZERO ability to handle horror.) After an old roommate suckered me into watching The Ring (and then moved out a week later), I SOLD my TV until my new roommate arrived the next month.

My husband never believed just how wimpy I am about horror movies until

a) he was jolted out of a deep slumber the night after we saw a movie preview for "Orphan" by me screaming at the top of my lungs in my sleep (I swear, subjecting a captive audience to a horror preview ought to be illegal) and

b) he was again woken up, this time while on vacation, after I dreamed a group of sinister teenage girls was trying to kill me. I was so scared, so terrified.... that I had to wake him up, too, so he would go to the bathroom with me. Seriously. I was SO scared that he had to get up, walk me to the toilet (which was about 5 feet away), stand right outside the door talking to me until I was done, and walk me back to bed. He never had a choice - I was truly THAT terrified. (And yes, I know he's a saint.)

All that being said... is it even remotely possible that I will some day produce a child who sleeps in a bed that has THIS for a view? (And I'm talking about the attic door, though I realize that my husband's BUFFALO HEAD is equally scary).




NO WAY. You couldn't even convince me to sleep there.

2 comments:

  1. I am so with you! I hide my eyes when scary movie commercials come on - and the video montage on Sunday night about did me in. We can be big babies together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're going to have to delete this blog post at some point in the future so you don't jinx things.

    ReplyDelete