Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Chapter Two

It's June 1, which means my break from blogging is over and it's time to say hello. So, hello.

When my mom passed away a month ago, it meant major changes in our lives. Besides the obvious sad implications, it also meant I would no longer be driving back and forth to South Carolina each and every week. In other words, I would be able to spend more time with my husband, resuming what some would call a "normal" life but what we know is far from (or so we hope!).

The second major change: we said goodbye to a lifetime of sleeping in, of taking off on trips whenever we want to with absolutely no forethought whatsoever, of thinking about the two of us and JUST the two of us.  In other words, we became parents.

Not literally, of course, but these two are far from self-sufficient.


And while I love these cats we inherited more than anything, they are true pains in the butts, as I assure you future posts will prove.

No comments:

Post a Comment