Thursday, October 8, 2009

Gone Baby Gone


The only neighbor we've really bonded with is L*., seen in this picture snuggling up to my fiancee. (*Name abbreviated here to protect the innocent)

L. used to come over all the time. She would show up at our back door and meow to tell us "hello!" before sunning herself on our porch.  Sometimes she would greet us at the front door and rub against our legs.  Needless to say, we adored L.

Then, one day, I heard what sounded like violent homicide coming from our bushes.  I ran outside and watched in dismay as BDNC (Back Door Neighbor Cat, another truly UNFRIENDLY neighbor with whom I've had several a run-in), sped off as fast as his guilty legs could carry him.  My dismay slowly turned to horror a few moments later when L. sheepishly creeped out of the bushes.

"WHAT WERE YOU DOING?" I shouted. "NO, don't answer that. I KNOW what you were doing, you little hussy!"

I called our sweet little neighbor kitty a hussy, and now we've never seen her again.  That was weeks and weeks ago.  She's gone.  We have a couple of theories about where to.
#1 - She hates me for what I said and simply refuses to come back around (as she should... who am I to judge, when I myself am living in sin!?)
#2 - Her owners "sent her to Europe to study for the semester" -- and we all know what that means!
#3 - She and BDNC ran away together to California and eloped. 

Seriously, L.'s gone.  My fiancee says he recently saw the guy next door holding a kitten -- her love child? Or her replacement? I hope it's one and not the other, because I really can't bear to think something bad happened to her.

We miss you, L.  You were the only one who seemed to notice we were here.  Come back, and you can do whatever in our bushes anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment